Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the thesaurus, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
I know that I can't always think of the right words to say, and being a public…speaker, that might be a problem.…Thankfully, PowerPoint has a built-in thesaurus to help out the…lexiconically challenged.…Let's head to slide number three, where we've decided we don't want to use the word Testimonial.…We can right-click on that word, and in the menu that appears, choose Synonyms.…A number of words with almost the same meaning will appear.…And we just click on any one of these if we want a replacement.…We will do this one more time on slide number eight, right-clicking on Philanthropy and…replacing it with one of the many suggested alternatives.…
Notice that if I click on the word Thesaurus from this menu, the Research Task…Pane appears, giving me a few more choices, plus some antonyms, too.…In the Research Task Pane, clicking a word takes you to symptoms of that word.…To insert your chosen word, pull down the menu to the right of that word and click Insert.…You can close the Task Pane by clicking in the tiny X in the upper-right corner.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.