When you need help with a built-in PowerPoint tool Tell Me can help. Learn how to perform a Tell Me search and bring the tools and how-to articles to this results area.
- [Instructor] Have you ever tried to find those commands…in PowerPoint and can't remember exactly what it's called…or which ribbon it's located on?…I know I have, and if you're like me,…you might set up shortcuts on the quick access toolbar…for each of the desktop versions of the Office applications…like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote.…The quick access toolbar is usually located…in the upper left corner of these Office applications,…but you'll notice in PowerPoint online, it's not here.…Instead, I have something else that I'd like to show you…that may be helpful with finding those commands.…
It's called Tell me, or here as you see,…Tell me what you want to do.…If you look for the lightbulb…to the right of the tabbed areas,…this is where you'll always find it.…And you'll find it in many of the Office applications,…whether it's the online applications…that are part of Office365, or those desktop applications…like Outlook 2019, PowerPoint 2019,…Excel 2019.…By selecting this field, you can type in…what it is that you're trying to get help with…
- Explain how creating a presentation differs between One Drive and desktop PowerPoint.
- Recall how to add a hyperlink to a slide.
- Recognize the two options for inserting videos into presentations.
- Describe the features of a theme in PowerPoint.
- Summarize how to print a presentation with space for note-taking.
- Identify the purpose of the Tell Me feature.