Great software to use to create an outline for a presentation is Microsoft Word. You can use Word to help you organize your thoughts for the presentation.
- [Instructor] The companion application … that you likely have with Microsoft PowerPoint … is, of course, Microsoft Word. … Today, I'm using the Microsoft 365 bundle, … which gives me access to both Word and PowerPoint, … as well as some other tools. … Let's start with Microsoft Word and build our outline. … When you launch Word, … you can choose to create a new document. … From here, you'll see several different templates, … but let's click over to more templates here … and type the word outline into the search field. … And you'll see several additional options. … This really gives us an idea of what's available. … I'm going to keep it pretty simple. … So I'll use the short essay outline. … I can click once to see a preview and then create … to open the template. … This allows me to plug in my information … for my presentation. … What you'll notice here are the levels of headings. … This is a heading level one. … This is the style that you'll use to indicate … the title of a slide. …
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Approaching a Presentation
2. Building the Outline
3. Using the Outline to Create Slides
4. Working with Text
5. Photos, Video, Charts, and Shapes
6. Animating a Presentation
7. Getting Ready for Playback of Your Presentation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.