Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding slide masters, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
So far, with the exception of applying a design theme, every change we've made…has only affected one slide.…When we changed the font sizes and colors, or changed from bullets to numbers,…it was a localized change, and didn't affect any other slides.…All of that is about to change.…Slide Masters, somewhat like a template, influence the format and layout of your presentation.…By modifying a Slide Master, you modify all of the slides that are linked to…that master, maintaining consistency and saving time. Let me show you.…
From the View tab in the Ribbon, we're going to click on Slide Master.…Your screen changes quite a bit, and the first couple of times you do this it…will be a little disconcerting.…So let me walk you through what's happened.…First, you no longer see a presentation;…instead, you see the Slide Masters that your presentation has. Ours has three.…There's 1, 2 and 3, one for each design that we've incorporated.…Under each Slide Master is a variety of slide layouts.…
These should look familiar to you.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.