Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting from scratch, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Are you ready to get started?…We're going to fire up Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, and begin with a…completely empty screen.…Just like an empty canvas, it's up to us to fill it up and create something magical -…well, maybe not magical per se, but something that's going to wow our audience.…Whether you're trying to sell them on a new product, deliver the quarterly…results, or improve safety through training, you've got a goal in mind.…As we work through PowerPoint, always keep in mind that goal.…Every action you take, from the colors and fonts you used to the photos you…insert, should take you and your audience one step closer to that goal. All right.…
That's enough pep talk.…Let's get down to business.…There is no sample file for this video;…instead, we're going to launch Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.…Then we'll click on the File menu and head Backstage.…Since we want to start from scratch, we'll click New on the left.…Here's Blank presentation, and we'll use that in a moment.…But for now, let me point out some of these other options.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.