When creating a new Office Mix, you can start with a blank PowerPoint and build it as you go. Office Mix will empower you to add simulations, quizzes, and polls to your slides. You can link to or embed websites, add audio and video, and more. An understanding of PowerPoint and design is helpful in creating flipped classes.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter we'll take a look…at some of the different tools and features…within Office Mix…and I'll show you how they can help us…to create a more engaging and interactive flipped class.…Now in this video let's take a look…at how to start creating a flipped class from scratch.…In the last video I uploaded a PowerPoint…that I already had created called Collaboration Skills,…but in this case I wanna create a quick flipped class…on communication…and I'll use PowerPoint and Office Mix to do so.…So within PowerPoint I'm going to go File, New,…and here I could use any of the templates I want.…
Most of the creation of my presentation…will be in PowerPoint.…So if you're skilled at PowerPoint…you will have an edge at making…a sharper looking presentation.…Now for this example I'm just going to select…a Blank slide template, nothing special.…And in here I'll type in Communication Skills.…So this will be one of my slides,…I'll go on the left and I'm gonna add a New Slide.…And I'm going to start creating a lesson…
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix