Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set slicer options, part of Data-Driven Presentations with Excel and PowerPoint 2016.
Slicer should look pretty good right out of the box,…but you can modify the slicer options…to change their color, to change their captioning and some.…Other attributes,…simply select the slicer that you wish to modify.…I'm going to work on the region slicer.…And there's a slicer tools options tab…that appears on the ribbon.…In the slicer group, you can click…and view several settings that you can change.…One that you'll want to know about…is to show items with no data last.…
If I turn that off,…then as a I select different items here in sales region,…I no longer have that behavior…where the regional items for that sales region…are clustered at the top.…So, if you don't want to list that changes,…you can do that simply by turning off…show items with no data last.…But if you have a slicer that quits working…the way you expect it to,…you might check the settings,…because now, it behaves as it did previously,…those default settings.…
If I want to change this,…if we have sales region and instead of call it sales region,…
- Identify the theme used by the default paste option.
- Recall what is embedded when you copy an Excel table and then embed the table in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Recognize the actions that may compromise data or yield incorrect results if a data table is missing descriptive labels.
- Recall the benefits of using a slicer over using a filter.
- Name a great way to illustrate the timeline and progress of a project.
- Explain what PivotTables do to tabular data.