Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving a presentation, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Saving, probably the most important function in all of PowerPoint 2010, that is…unless you're really going to chance things.…I'd like to show you the basics about saving and then move on to discuss some of…the different formats that PowerPoint can save as.…You should save your work often,…but it's no longer necessary to save it every five minutes like we were once told.…PowerPoint 2010, just like the past few versions, automatically saves your work…for you and recovers it in the event of a crash.…New to Office 2010, it even automatically saves a back up copy when you choose…to close PowerPoint and say no to the question, do you want to save the…changes you've made?…But for these features to work, they must be turned on.…
Let's review our settings from the File menu down to Options.…And in the PowerPoint Options dialog box, click on Save.…For PowerPoint to save your work automatically, this here needs to be checked,…Save AutoRecover information every x minutes.…You can place any number you want here, but 10 is a good default number.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.