Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing backgrounds from photos, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Picture backgrounds have always been a giant speed bump in any PowerPoint user's path.…In slide number 8, I want to illustrate our philanthropy by throwing some money…at the audience, or at least having it up onscreen.…I'm going to insert a picture the normal way, through the Insert tab, click…on Picture, and from my Assets files, this time I'm going to add the file called Money Fan.…If I shrink this photo down and move it around even to an area that's not…occupied by text, it still looks a little bit unusual because of the…background of the photo.…
Our slide is an off-white color, and so is the photo, but they're different…off-whites, not to mention the shadow.…Now, I can add a Picture Style to this photo.…But that still isn't going to help, even one with a frame.…It works, but it's not the effect I'm looking for;…instead, we're going to remove the background.…That way, the picture that I want, that is the hands and the money, will show…through using my background and not the original one in the photograph.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.