Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Rearranging slides, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
The order in which you present your ideas to your audience is key.…You want to lead them down the path that persuades them to your cause…without confusing them.…Give them information in the wrong order, and they'll be distracted or confused…and less likely they'll be a supporter.…Thankfully, PowerPoint gives us a few easy ways to rearrange the order of our slides.…If you're following along with our sample file, you'll see I've added a few more…slides, each with content for our New Hire Orientation.…One way to rearrange slides, the way you'll probably use most often, is to…interact with the Slide thumbnails along the left. A simple drag and drop…lets us take one slide and move it between two others.…
Here is our Testimonial slide, and there is Introductions.…Let's swap their position by grabbing Introductions and dragging it up between…these two and letting go.…If you're moving a slide quite a distance, you can hover your mouse near the…bottom or top of the thumbnail list, and it will automatically scroll for you.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.