- [Instructor] Before we jump into learning PowerPoint, first take a moment to check which version of PowerPoint you're using. PowerPoint comes either as part of an Office 365 subscription or as a stand alone product. The current version, as of this recording, being PowerPoint 2019. And although the 2019 and Office 365 versions are very similar, there are features in the Office 365 version that aren't available in the 2019 version. This course you're watching is on the version of PowerPoint that comes as part of Office 365. Now, to check which version you're using on your own computer, open up PowerPoint.
Then open a new presentation. I'll just double click the blank presentation here, but we'll talking about this presentation gallery shortly. And, from here I'm gonna go to File, and Account. Over here under Product Information, you'll see which version of PowerPoint you're using. If it says Office 365 or Subscription Product, you have the Office 365 version. If it has the year listed in the name, or it doesn't specify either way, then you have the stand alone version. If you find you have the stand alone version, you'll wanna switch over to the Learning PowerPoint 2019 course instead.
But, if you're using Office 365, you're ready to go. I'll close this presentation and now we're ready to get started.
- Recognize three methods for creating a new slide.
- Identify the purpose of four panels available in PowerPoint.
- Recall two methods for inserting a picture into a slide.
- Identify three options available in the Header and Footer dialog box.
- Explain three techniques to advance to the next slide during a presentation.
- Determine how share or view a presentation online.