PowerPoint: From Outline to Presentation
Sometimes presenters get so wrapped up in creating the perfect slideshow, they forget its job is to support their talking points. In this course, Rich Harrington shares his workflow for building an effective PowerPoint presentation, starting with a strong outline. Learn to create the outline, get input from collaborators, and then transition that outline to an initial slide deck. Once you're in PowerPoint, Rich will show you how to format your slides; add tables, graphics, movies, and animation (like transitions and reveals); and prepare and rehearse your presentation for your final audience.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington.
- Setting a schedule and goals
- Working in stages
- Building an outline
- Using an outline to create your initial slides
- Formatting text
- Changing templates and themes
- Using photos, shapes, and charts in PowerPoint
- Adding video
- Animating your slideshow
- Consolidating, testing, and rehearsing you presentation
- Hi, my name is Rich Harrington, and thanks for joining me. We're going to be taking a look today at using Powerpoint, but not just clicking buttons or dropping dropping things in. Rather, how to take an organized approach to building a presentation, whether you're a brand-new user or you've been using the program for a while. I'm going to present to you the workflow that I use to get a presentation made. It all begins with an outline, and once you've got a solid outline, that can easily be converted into a slide deck. Once there, we'll take advantage of some other features in Powerpoint to add in graphics, movies, other enhancements to really bring the presentation to life.
Remember though, the goal is to create effective speaker support. So the whole idea here is not to focus on the slides but building a great presentation, and then adding slides that support that presentation. With this in mind, let's jump in and explore the process of going from an outline to a presentation inside of Microsoft Powerpoint.
PowerPoint Tips and Tricks for Business Presentations517,182 Views
PowerPoint: Builds, Transitions, Animations, and Effects115,396 Views
Designing a Presentation323,301 Views
PowerPoint: Using Photos and Video Effectively for Great Presentations106,823 Views
PowerPoint 2013 Power Shortcuts172,000 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training6,242,092 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training1,662,785 Views
Excel 2010 Essential Training5,995,580 Views