- View Offline
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington.
- Setting a schedule and goals
- Working in stages
- Building an outline
- Using an outline to create your initial slides
- Formatting text
- Changing templates and themes
- Using photos, shapes, and charts in PowerPoint
- Adding video
- Animating your slideshow
- Consolidating, testing, and rehearsing you presentation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, my name is Rich Harrington, and thanks for joining me. We're going to be taking a look today at using Powerpoint, but not just clicking buttons or dropping dropping things in. Rather, how to take an organized approach to building a presentation, whether you're a brand-new user or you've been using the program for a while. I'm going to present to you the workflow that I use to get a presentation made. It all begins with an outline, and once you've got a solid outline, that can easily be converted into a slide deck. Once there, we'll take advantage of some other features in Powerpoint to add in graphics, movies, other enhancements to really bring the presentation to life.
Remember though, the goal is to create effective speaker support. So the whole idea here is not to focus on the slides but building a great presentation, and then adding slides that support that presentation. With this in mind, let's jump in and explore the process of going from an outline to a presentation inside of Microsoft Powerpoint.