Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Pasting tables from Excel, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Occasionally, we already have our data typed in Excel, and we just want to…transfer it to PowerPoint.…I'm going to show you a few ways that we can do that, all using copy and paste,…and in the process, you're going to see a new feature for PowerPoint 2010…called Paste Preview.…Let's add a new slide for Sales Results after slide number 13.…With 13 selected, I'll go to the Home tab, pull down the New Slide menu and…choose Title and Content.…We'll give this the title Sales Results.…
Let's head over to our Asset folder because we've got an Excel workbook waiting…for us that has the data we need.…Here in our Assets folder is Quarterly Sales Results, and there's our numbers.…Pretty impressive for an olive grower based in New York.…Let's get this into our slideshow.…I'll select the cells I want and hit Copy, or Ctrl+C. Heading back to…PowerPoint, I'll place my cursor inside the placeholder, but don't hit Paste…just yet; instead, from the Home tab in the Ribbon, I'm going to pull down the…Paste Options menu.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.