Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Pasting charts from Excel, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
You may have already had a chart created in Excel and just want to bring it…over to PowerPoint.…If that's the case, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.…A copy and paste can quickly make this happen.…Again, we are going to create a new slide,…this time right after slide number 15.…Slide 15 shows our Sales Results in a tabular format, using numbers.…We are going to go ahead and re-create this slide using the chart that we've…already created in Excel.…Let's go ahead and make a new slide.…I'll pull down New Slide menu and choose Title and Content.…
I am going to give this slide the same name as the previous one, Sales Results.…This way, as we transition from 15 to 16, the audience is going to see a smooth…transition from data to chart.…Let's head over to our Assets folder where we have the Quarterly Sales Results…Excel Workbook ready to go.…In the second tab of this workbook is the sales chart.…I'm going to select it and then hit either Copy, Ctrl+C, or from the Home menu,…choose the Copy option.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.