Your next step should be to start creating some flipped classes of your own. The best way to improve at implementing flipped classes is to create them often. Utilize a tool like Office Mix to add engaging and interacting elements to your flipped class. Also, continue to learn more about the flipped classroom concept.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for joining me in this course. Hopefully you took away some things that will help empower you to start creating flipped classes, or improve the ones that you're already creating. Hopefully I was able to illustrate how Office Mix can make this process very easy to do. So, what's your next step? My suggestion is you begin to create your own flipped classes. Create one right now. The only way to get better at creating your own flipped classes, ones that will work for you and your students, is to dive in and start creating them. Also, I do recommend some resources.
First of all, on the Office Mix homepage at mix.office.com, once you're signed in, click on the Gallery tab at the top. Here, you'll find a ton of public Office Mixes that people have created. There's a lot of great ones here and you can find inspiration or ideas to incorporate into your own flipped classes. Also, if you want to learn more about the tools that we were using, there is a course called Up and Running with Office Mix by Gini Courter. Also, PowerPoint 2016 Essential Training by Jess Stratton. You can also check out the course Flipping the Classroom by Aaron Quigley, which is also in our library.
If you like to read, check out some books by Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams, who have been instrumental in creating the flipped classroom model. Also, check out the book Flipping 2.0: Practical Strategies for Flipping Your Class by Jason Bretzmann. If you have any questions or if there's anything I can help you out with, please let me know. My email address is email@example.com and my Twitter handle is @schink10.
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix