Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving, resizing, formatting, and rotating shapes, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Rarely does a shape look perfect after we've inserted it.…We often have to move it around just to right, resize it, occasionally rotate it…and format it to make it look perfect.…And that's what this video is all about.…Moving shapes is easy: just point, grab it with your mouse and drag it around.…You can point to any shape, grab it and give it a new location.…In the event that your shape is transparent, that is if it only has an outline,…you'll need to grab it by the outline to move it.…
Here is a quick tip:…You can also use your arrow keys to move shapes.…Just like the shape and tap your up, down, left and right arrow keys to move the shape around.…Hold down the Ctrl key for little tiny nudges.…As for resizing the Shapes, we can drag and drop those handles.…Any of the eight handles will do.…If you'd like to constrain the aspect ratio of the shape, then hold down Shift as you drag.…
Rotating is accomplished using the green handle that you see atop every…shape when it's selected.…Just point your mouse to that green handle, grab it and drag it left or right to rotate.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.