- Creating a new presentation
- Adding slides and sections
- Adding and formatting text
- Adding photos, audio, and video
- Changing themes
- Working with transitions
- Presenting and navigating your slide deck
- Saving to the cloud
- Sharing and collaborating with others
Skill Level Beginner
- [Garrick] Microsoft PowerPoint is arguably the most popular app for creating and giving presentations. But if you've never created a presentation slideshow before, using software like PowerPoint, which is packed to the brim with features and tools can be a little daunting at first. Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and this course is for anyone who's new to PowerPoint and would like to quickly get up to speed with the most common tools for building presentations in PowerPoint 2019. We'll begin by browsing the presentation gallery where you can choose from hundreds of built-in and online templates to use as a starting point for your PowerPoint presentation.
From there, we'll start building a presentation from scratch and we'll see how to pick themes and how to create and arrange your slides. Then we'll look at how to add content to your slides, like text, images, audio, and video, and even weblinks. I'll also provide tips on how to use PowerPoint when it comes time to present your slides, including important keyboard shortcuts and other tools like the presenter's view for keeping track of your presentation while it's in progress. And we'll wrap up with a look at how to add value to your presentation by turning it into PDF handouts, and how to share it online to collaborate with others.
By the end of this course, you should have the skills and knowledge needed to start building your own presentations in PowerPoint. So, let's get started.