Learn how to develop consistent layouts in your presentation and why this is key to creating a successful presentation.
- [Narrator] Let's go out on a limb here … and make the assumption … that the majority of you watching this course … are not graphic designers … with no intention of becoming one either. … And if you are or do, then still watch anyway … as refreshers are always useful of course. … In a nut shell, the principles of layout … relating to presentations … are slightly less complex in most cases … as you really shouldn't have too much on your slides. … And what you're looking to do essentially … is establish a balance within the space of the slide. … Let's take a look at balance in action … on two of the slides used earlier. … Now let's take the slide on the right to begin with … and particularly the young woman just there. … And if you look, you'll see that the space she occupies … is easily and nicely balanced out by … the jigsaw piece on the left. … They are indeed different sizes and shapes in themselves, … but if you look at the space around them, … which also has to be taken into account, …
- Outlining your topic
- Creating a storyboard
- Developing your design ideas with moodboards
- Exploring slide typography
- Using colors, words, and images effectively
- Using charts and graphs
- Effectively using animations and transitions
- Beyond the presentation
Skill Level Beginner
Presentation software2m 12s
1. Developing Your Ideas
2. Design Essentials
3. Charts, Graphs, and Tables
4. Transitions and Animations
Using animation1m 45s
5. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.