Join Heather Ackmann for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of PowerPoint: Designing Better Slides.
- [Instructor] In this course, there are a few exercises designed to demonstrate different design techniques in PowerPoint. To follow along, download the Exercise Files. I have mine here on my desktop. Opening the folder, you'll find them organized in folders by chapter and video number. At the beginning of each video, I will reference the name of that file we are working on for your convenience. So opening 05_04, for example, you'll find three files, the start of the exercise file, the file at the conclusion of the video, and an exported theme.
This is the theme that we created during the lesson.
- Designing as non-designers
- Key design components
- The need for hierarchy
- Hierarchy in bulleted slides
- When bullets are cognitively necessary
- Using space effectively
- Creating similarity and contrast strategically