Learn how to use the format bar in Microsoft PowerPoint to format text on your slides. Formatting text is a powerful way to create a visual hierarchy for your presentation.
- [Instructor] Once the presentation's built … it's time to format some text. … Now there are several ways to format text within PowerPoint. … Let's begin with one of the most basic … which is using the format bar. … When I select some text on a slide … you'll notice that the format bar appears at the top. … And also potentially right over the text itself. … The controls here are very similar between the two. … So if I decided … that I wanted to increase the point size here … I could do so my clicking on the drop down menu … and selecting a new size. … You also could just type in the size right here … into the text field … if there was a specific size that you wanted. … If I'd like this text here to be a little bit bigger … I could type in the new size … or just use the increase font size button to make it larger … and you see it jumps up in between. … And logically, click the downsize button … takes it done some points. … Nah, that's pretty easy. … Let's take a couple more things … that we could do with that bar. …
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Approaching a Presentation
2. Building the Outline
3. Using the Outline to Create Slides
4. Working with Text
5. Photos, Video, Charts, and Shapes
6. Animating a Presentation
7. Getting Ready for Playback of Your Presentation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.