Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting tables, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Once we finish the majority of our data entry, we can worry about formatting the table.…We generally want to save this for the end, because it's a bummer to format…the table just right and then find that we have to add more cells only to…make us format it again.…For this table we're going to want to adjust the colors, cell alignment, and…overall height of the table.…Let's start with the colors.…When I have my cursor anywhere inside the table, the Table tool, Design, and…Layout tabs appear in the Ribbon.…Design lets me change colors easily by pulling down the Table Styles gallery and…looking through the options.…
The colors that we have to choose from come from the color set that we applied…when choosing a theme.…On the left, under Table Style Options, I have a variety of settings I can control…that affect the look of the table.…Header Row makes my very first row look a little different.…If I turn it off, you'll see how that looks now.…We want this on because our top row indicates what each column is for.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.