Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Enter slideshow mode with a double-click, part of PowerPoint Quick Tips.
- [Instructor] By making one quick change…to your PowerPoint file, you can set it up so…that double clicking it's icon will automatically take you…into slideshow mode making it easy to quickly jump directly…into your presentation and prevent your audience…from seeing your slides in edit mode first.…To do so, first, go to the view menu…in the file explorer window…and make sure file name extensions is checked.…Then, simply change the file extension…of your PowerPoint file…from .pptx…to .pps.….pps is the extension for a PowerPoint slideshow.…
Confirm that you do want to change the extension.…Double clicking a PPS file opens PowerPoint…and takes you into slideshow mode.…There's no need to click any other buttons…or use keyboard commands.…You can just start giving your presentation.…When you're done, press escape…which quits the presentation…and takes you back to your desktop.…So, even when you're finished,…you're audience won't get a backstage look at your slides.…If you need to edit your slides again,…just change the file extension back to .pptx.…
- Changing the size of your slides
- Adding backgrounds and watermarks
- Adding, rearranging, and deleting slides in PowerPoint
- Viewing speaker notes privately during a presentation
- Editing master slides
- Adding voice-over narration
- Changing the page orientation of your presentation
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.