When creating a flipped class using Office Mix you can make it more interactive by either embedding a website within one of the slides, which students will be able to interact with, or by adding a link which will take students to that particular site. This can be done by adding the Web Viewer add-on within Office Mix.
- [Voiceover] A great way to make…your flipped class more engaging…is to have students interact with the presentation.…Office Mix provides several ways for you to do this.…In this video, let's take a look at how to embed a webpage…inside of your flipped class,…which students will be able to navigate on.…Now, I want my students to check out ted.com…and there's a talk on there that I'd like them to see.…The talk is called Talk Nerdy to Me by Melissa Marshall…and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.…It's a great talk about communication.…So, I'm going to go ahead and copy the URL.…
You'll notice here that it starts with https.…One thing to note is that in order for a website to embed…within Office Mix, it needs to be a secured site…represented by this https.…Now, often, this part of the URL is hidden,…so don't assume that a website doesn't work.…Try to embed it and see if it works.…So, I'm going to copy that URL…and then I'm going to go back to my PowerPoint.…Now, down below, I'm going to create a new slide…
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix