To get started with using Office Mix to create a flipped class, we need to download the Office Mix add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint. Note that the Office Mix add-in will only work with PowerPoint 2013 or newer. Users can download the free add-in by navigating to www.mix.office.com and clicking on the button titled Get Office Mix.
- [Voiceover] In order to get started creating a flipped class with Office Mix, we'll first need to download the Office Mix add-in for PowerPoint. We can do this by navigating to mix.office.com. This brings us to the Office Mix homepage. Now, we can download it by clicking on the button titled Get Office Mix. I'll click here. First, it's going to ask us to log in. Now, you can log in or create an account using your Microsoft account, you can sign in with a work or school account, use Facebook, or Google.
In this case, I'm going to sign in with my Microsoft account. My information's entered in here, so I'll click Sign In. Now, this brings us to the download page. It says here that we need to close PowerPoint before the install. The download should start automatically and you can see in the bottom left corner that it has. Next, it says look for the downloaded installer file and run it to complete the install. I'm going to do that by clicking here. I will agree to the terms and service. You can read those if you'd like.
Then I'm going to click on Install. I'll give it permission and it will install Office Mix. Now, it's automatically opening up PowerPoint and from here, I'm just going to open a new PowerPoint. You'll notice, at the top, that one of the tabs is titled Mix. This means that the Mix add-in has successfully been added to our PowerPoint. In the next video, we'll take a look at how Office Mix integrates with PowerPoint.
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix