Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting slides and changing layouts, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
None of us create the perfect presentation the first time through.…We occasionally want to delete slides that we don't need, or change the layouts…of existing slides to better suit our content.…Here, I'll show you how to do just that.…Think of it as an eraser for your chisel.…Let's start by creating a new slide between slides two and three.…So I'll select slide 2, I'll click on the New Slide, and I'll give it a…title and some content.…
Before I show you how to delete a slide, I want to show you how you can reapply…slide layouts to existing slides.…Remember that a layout configures the slide's placeholders, like this text box,…and moves it into a set position.…This is great for maintaining consistency among your slides.…I'll pull down the Layout menu, and we see the same layout options as before…when we added a new slide.…Even though I already have content entered, I can switch among layouts, and…PowerPoint repositions everything for me.…
Now, here is something especially useful.…If I accidentally make changes, move things around, resize stuff, change things…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.