Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the view, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Microsoft understands that not everyone works in the exact same way.…I'd like to use this opportunity to demonstrate a few ways that we can customize…our View of PowerPoint.…Note that the ability to customize our Ribbon, including the Quick Access toolbar,…is in its own video called Customizing the Ribbon. Let's get started.…Most of the options to control the PowerPoint interface are in the View tab of the Ribbon.…We will start from the left, and then we will cover a few important settings that…aren't in the View tab.…The Presentations View Group gives us four ways to work with, or view, our presentation.…
Normally, you'll use Normal View, hence its name.…But when you want to see the bigger picture, choose Slide Sorter.…This gives you thumbnails of every slide.…Here, you can rearrange the order of your slides.…The Notes View changes the layout to an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.…Each slide gets its own page.…Here, you can customize what the presenter will see if you print out presenter Notes.…And Reading View displays the presentation almost fullscreen, giving you a…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.