Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping video, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Often the video clip that we have is not exactly the clip that we want.…If it's too long, we can use PowerPoint to clip out as much as we need from…the beginning and end.…Then we can add a soft fade, so it doesn't feel abrupt.…Let's give it a shot with the video that we've already added on slide number three.…The video that we have here starts at this point.…(Male Speaker: You can see that it's got quite a few olives.)…Goes on for about a minute and 30 seconds or so.…(Male Speaker: Inside of that will be a layer of water.)…And for our introductory video, we really only want the middle 20, 30 seconds.…
What we're going to do is tell PowerPoint to trim this video, to change the start…point and the endpoint.…So with it selected, I'm going to click on the Playback tab.…I'm going to click on Trim Video.…This special window provides an easy control to change the beginning and end…times for our video.…Now if I know exactly the time measurement of where I want it to start and…finish I can type that in manually,…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.