Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating charts, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Nothing shows off your numbers like a well-designed chart, and PowerPoint…2010 makes it easy.…I'm only going to show you the basics of creating a chart in this video. Why?…Because thankfully, PowerPoint uses the exact same Charting Engine as Microsoft Excel.…This means if you know how to make and customize charts in Excel, then you know…how to do it in PowerPoint.…Let's go ahead and get started.…Between slides 13 and 14 I'd like to include a new pie chart that shows the…sales volume of each of our six flavors of oil.…Let's click between slide 13 and 14 and add a New Slide.…
We'll call this slide Favorite Flavors.…And then we'll click on the Chart icon below.…As you can see, PowerPoint brings up the Insert Chart dialog box straight from…Excel, with the same choices that we would expect to see.…Let's go ahead and create a pie chart.…Watch how Excel is fired up with the sample spreadsheet ready to go.…All you have to do is plug the information in.…By the way, if we move Excel out of the way you'll see that you've got a sample…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.