Learn how to build a high-impact PowerPoint presentation from start to finish.
- [Rich] Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and thanks for joining me. We're going to be taking a look today at using PowerPoint, but not just clicking buttons or dropping things in. Rather, how to take an organized approach to building a presentation whether you're a brand new user or you've been using the program for a while. I'm going to present to you the workflow that I use to get a presentation made. It all begins with an outline, and once you've got a solid outline, that can easily be converted into a slide deck. Once there, we'll take advantage of some of the other features in PowerPoint to add in graphics, movies, and other enhancements to really bring the presentation to life. Remember though, the goal is to create effective speaker support, so the whole idea is not to focus on the slides but building a great presentation and then adding slides that support that presentation. With this in mind, let's jump in and explore the process of going from an outline to a presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Approaching a Presentation
2. Building the Outline
3. Using the Outline to Create Slides
4. Working with Text
5. Photos, Video, Charts, and Shapes
6. Animating a Presentation
7. Getting Ready for Playback of Your Presentation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.