Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert a presentation from a previous version to PowerPoint 2013 or later, part of PowerPoint Quick Tips.
- [Narrator] You'll know you've opened a presentation…that was created in an earlier version of PowerPoint…because you'll see compatibility mode…at the top of the screen.…Opening an older presentation can lead…to a loss of feature availability,…so it's best to convert it…so you can use those features.…Change to the file ribbon tab, click info,…and click the convert button.…You'll only see this button if you have…an older presentation open.…Choose where you want to save…the presentation and click save.…It gets saved, and now you'll have…two copies of your presentation,…the newer version and the older one.…
- Changing the size of your slides
- Adding backgrounds and watermarks
- Adding, rearranging, and deleting slides in PowerPoint
- Viewing speaker notes privately during a presentation
- Editing master slides
- Adding voice-over narration
- Changing the page orientation of your presentation
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.