Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing slide backgrounds, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
You can probably guess that a slide background is what appears behind everything else.…Each individual slide can have a slide background, but we can also set a…background to a layout and a Slide Master.…We're going to make our Slide Master a little more interesting with a…different background.…Remember that this will affect most, if not all, of the layouts in this Slide Master.…If you're not already in the Slide Master View, from the Ribbon, click on View…and then choose Slide Master.…
Make sure you click on the very first Slide Master, at the very top of the scrollbar.…From the Slide Master tab in the Ribbon, let's pull down the Background Styles menu.…This gallery shows us a dozen of choices, all based on different colors from…our current color set.…Not bad, but I want something a little bit more interesting.…So I'm going to click on Format Background.…There're quite a few options in this dialog box, but in this course, we'll keep it simple.…I'm going to select Picture or texture fill and then Insert from File.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.