You can learn to adjust the format of your slides in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. With that, you can choose a format that fits your slides best.
- [Instructor] After you've moved that initial outline … into PowerPoint, invariably some … of the default slides won't work, … but that's okay. … You'll find multiple layouts available … within a theme or a template. … By choosing the right one, … you'll improve the overall visual presentation … of your text and information. … Let's go through and quickly clean up this presentation. … On the left I see my outline … and on the right is a visual representation of my slides. … You'll note on the home tab here, … we do have the option for layout, … which gives us the different templates, … and this allows me to change the layout for each slide. … I can switch what it looks like. … Let's start with this title slide here … and we'll switch, … and you see that it changes the way … that the title is presented. … Now clearly, this should be broke into a new line. … If I press the return key, … you see it makes another slide, … so let's undo that. … If I press shift enter, you see it splits it down below, …
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Approaching a Presentation
2. Building the Outline
3. Using the Outline to Create Slides
4. Working with Text
5. Photos, Video, Charts, and Shapes
6. Animating a Presentation
7. Getting Ready for Playback of Your Presentation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.