This video explains how to create a new presentation from built-in PowerPoint templates and from templates available online.
- [Instructor] All right, so I've pinned the PowerPoint icon…to the task bar here on my machine,…so I'll click that to start it up.…And like most of the other Office products,…when you first open PowerPoint,…you're presented with a gallery of templates you can use…to get your presentation started.…If I come over here and click New,…I can see even more templates.…But this isn't just limited to the templates…you can choose from here,…if you click here in the Search field,…you can type in key words to search Microsoft's…online templates and themes.…So for example I might look for music,…and after a second I see these two templates.…
To preview any of these templates,…I just click one and that opens up a window…with a description of the template here on the right.…You can use the arrows on either side…of the Preview area to preview the other templates…that came up as part of your search, as well.…If one of these looks good to you,…or at least interesting enough…that you want to check it out,…you can click the Create button.…
- Recognize three methods for creating a new slide.
- Identify the purpose of four panels available in PowerPoint.
- Recall two methods for inserting a picture into a slide.
- Identify three options available in the Header and Footer dialog box.
- Explain three techniques to advance to the next slide during a presentation.
- Determine how share or view a presentation online.