Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Broadcasting on the web, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
If you've ever hosted a conference call for training or to give a sales pitch,…you know that you can only get so much across over the phone.…If you e-mail your attendees your slideshow you've no doubt run into these two problems:…They can't open your file, or they just can't seem to stay in sync with you as…you advance through your slides.…PowerPoint 2010 solves both of these problems with one very slick feature,…broadcasting your presentation. Let's demonstrate.…When I'm ready to get started, I choose the Slide Show tab and then…Broadcast Slide Show.…
The introductory dialog box tells me that it's going to securely upload my file to Microsoft.…It usually takes less than a minute.…If this is the first time you've done this, you are going to need to use…your Windows Live login.…and if you don't have one, you can click Get a .NET Passport.…You may already have one if you have a Hotmail account, or if you've used any of…Microsoft's other similar services.…Let me go ahead and log in.…
When it's done, this dialog box appears.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.