Creating and sharing engaging flipped classes can revolutionize your classroom. Flipped classes allow your students to become familiarized with the content outside of the classroom, allowing them to engage in higher order thinking activities and projects during classtime when the instructor is there to help. Do not assume, however, that students will know how to effectively learn using flipped classes. Take time to show students how to watch flipped classes, including the ability to pause and rewind, taking notes, and asking questions. Office Mix is a great tool which allows instructors to easily introduce content by creating a flipped class. Another great use for Office Mix is to allows your students to create flipped classes. The ability to teach a concept is one of the most powerful forms of learning, however, students are rarely put in a position to teach content. Having students create a flipped class is a great way to have them demonstrate their understanding of the content, while developing a deeper understanding of it.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I want to go over…a few suggestions or considerations…regarding flipped classes.…I've been using them for a while now,…and I've learned a lot of things the hard way by failing.…I believe the flipped classroom concept…can transform education by giving us more time…to engage our students in applying the content.…Here are some of my suggestions…for creating flipped classes.…First, make it short,…my suggestion is five minutes or less.…When I first started doing flipped classes,…I was making mine 15 minutes long,…I put a ton of time into them,…making them creative, fun, engaging,…but students didn't like them,…they said they were too long,…so I started taking the same flipped classes…and dividing them up into three five-minute classes.…
When I did that, the students loved them.…Make it short.…Next, make it engaging,…make it something that the student can't just turn on…and let play as they listen to it,…make it something that captures their attention.…Be yourself, don't try to copy the personality…
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix