Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding video, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
If we have a video of our product or service, or maybe a demonstration of…some kind, even a commercial, we can embed it into the slideshow, just like…we do with pictures.…One difficulty you may run into while attempting to bring video into your…presentation is compatibility;…however, PowerPoint 2010 is more compatible with video formats than prior versions.…In fact, PowerPoint 2010 even gives us the ability to embed videos found on…YouTube, Hulu, and other video sharing Web sites.…Just after our Introductions, we're going to add a two minute promotional video…to get our employees pumped up about Two Trees Olive Oil.…
Let's start by adding an empty slide.…With the second slide selected, I'll pull down the New Slide menu.…Normally, we've added Title and Content, but this time I'm going to add a blank slide.…No title, no content, just the background.…Now, I'm going to add the video.…From the Insert tab on the Ribbon, on the far right, I'll pull down Video.…For our first example, I'm going to choose Video from File.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.