Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text to shapes, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Shapes can also be used to hold text, nearly any shape.…Let's try this twice, with our Star and with our arrow.…Click on the arrow that's pointing to the Shop link from our Web site.…Let's zoom in a little bit, so we can see better what's going on.…With the shape selected, I can just start typing on my keyboard.…I'm going to type "Buy."…There is our text, but it's not quite right.…Not only is it hard to see with white lettering, but it's also vertical, not what I wanted.…Let's make a little adjustment in the way it behaves.…
From the Drawing tools : Format Tab, I'm going to click on the WordArt…Styles Action button.…This pulls up the Format Text Effects and from Text Box,…I'm going to change the Text direction.…Instead of Horizontal, I'll choose Rotate.…I click close and our text is already looking better.…But I do want to change the color.…So I'll select he boundary of the object, and here under Text Fill, pull it…down, and try a color like black.…While I'm at it, I might even go Home and change the font itself.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.