Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text boxes, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
So what is a text box?…Honestly, it's just a rectangular shape with no background and no outline.…Yeah, in fact, you've been typing into text boxes all along…Those placeholders where you've added things like a title and bullets were text boxes.…There's really nothing special about a text box, except for its formatting.…So why does it get its own video?…Because it's the concept that's important.…With text boxes, you can add your own text anywhere on the slide, annotating…graphics or charts, or just throwing in some additional information.…
Let's go to Slide # 15 to show you what I mean.…In the third quarter, a major wholesaler picked up one of our lines of olive…oils and Sales skyrocketed.…I want to show that on our table.…Let's move our table up a few notches to make room for a new text box that's…going to appear underneath.…Now, I'll click the text box tool found here under the Home Tab.…I'll position my mouse right about here, underneath quarter three.…I'll click, and now I'll start to type.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.