Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding speaker notes, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Speaker notes are lifesavers for the busy presenter.…Few people have the skill or time to memorize everything they're going to…say and get it perfect,…but speaker notes allow us to write ourselves notes per slide and have them…appear to us, either on paper or on the screen during our presentation.…First, let's add some speaker notes.…In our first slide, I want to remind myself of a few things.…I want to introduce myself, make sure I've got all the handouts dispersed,…check the lighting of the room, thank the caterers and take attendance of…everybody that's there.…
Let's go to slide number 1, and I'm going to expand the Speaker Notes area.…You can see here there is a horizontal bar that I can click and grab onto…and expand up and down.…To add a speaker note, all I do is click here.…It doesn't have to look pretty.…It just needs to be enough to remind us what to do and say.…As for where it appears, let me tell you first where it doesn't appear.…The audience is never going to see this.…Let me enter some text, and I'll show you.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.