Join David Diskin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding photos and clip art, part of PowerPoint 2010 Essential Training.
Let's face it; our presentation is boring. It needs color.…It needs some pizzazz. It needs photos.…We all know the analogy about photos, and it couldn't be more true in PowerPoint.…To help convey our ideas to an audience, nothing speaks faster than a…photograph, illustration or diagram of some sort.…It's also true that photos of people will connect better emotionally with your audience, too.…PowerPoint gives us quite a few ways to add photos and make them look great.…So let's get started.…Let's open up our sample file for this chapter and head to slide number…two, Introductions.…
There's a lot of space available on the right side.…So let's put a photo over there.…We learned, in the previous chapter, how to change the layout of a slide.…Let's pull down the Layout menu and choose one that gives us content in two columns.…Here's one called Two Content.…The placeholder on the right is created, and you'll remember that if we want…text, we would simply click and start typing.…This time we'll choose from the six content icons in the placeholder.…
- Using the Office 2010 Backstage View
- Using and customizing the Office 2010 ribbon
- Starting a presentation from scratch
- Applying slide layouts for consistency
- Rearranging slides
- Running a presentation for an audience
- Formatting with font, color, bullets, and alignment
- Adding and customizing photos, clip art, shapes, audio, and video
- Applying picture effects such as background removal, brightness, and color effects
- Modifying slide masters
- Adding a logo to the background
- Adding and customizing tables, charts, diagrams, and data from Excel
- Printing a presentation
- Sharing a presentation with others through video, the web, SharePoint, and PDF
Skill Level Beginner
PowerPoint 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock2h 39m Intermediate
PowerPoint 2010: Audio and Video in Depthwith Alicia Katz Pollock4h 38m Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Duarte Design, Presentation Design Studiowith Nancy Duarte51m 3s Appropriate for all
1. Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
2. Getting Started
3. Formatting a Presentation
4. Adding Tables and Charts
5. Working with Shapes
6. Adding Audio and Video
7. Adding SmartArt and Diagrams
Adding organizational charts4m 59s
8. Sharing with Others
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.