In this video, staff instructor Jess Stratton shows users how to add an audio clip to a slide, or loop it across all slides like a kiosk or a photo slideshow.
- [Narrator] I created this slide earlier in my presentation and, now, I'd like to add some audio narration to it. I'll change to the Insert ribbon tab, and I'll click Audio, all the way on the right-hand side. I could browse and find Audio on My PC, maybe a song file or audio clip I already have. If you're not sure what file formats are supported, you can click the down arrow next to Audio Files. I'll click Cancel as I want to record it myself.
So I'll click Audio, Record Audio. I can put in a title for my narration if I want. I'll click the Record button, and then the Stop button when I'm done. The DX-145 Drone Receiver is scheduled to release in the first quarter of 2019. I can hit the Play button to listen to it. If I like it, I can leave it. If I don't like it, I can click Record, and do it again.
I'll click OK. You'll get a new audio icon. I can drag it into the white space here so that I can see it and, just like an image, I can stretch it so that it's bigger and a little more visible. With it selected, two tabs appear. The Format tab, on the left, controls how it looks, and the Playback tab, on the right, controls how it acts. So the Format tab changes the way this looks.
I'm fine with it. I don't need to add any sort of artistic effects to it, so I can go ahead and click on the Playback tab. Just like video, I can Trim the beginning and end of the audio clip if I don't like where it starts. If it starts or ends too abruptly, I can also Fade it In or Out. I can adjust the Volume. I can decide when it starts. I can also Loop it until I Stop it manually.
Something else that I might like to do is have it Play in the Background, and I can do that by clicking this button on the right. This is useful if I have a song that's playing and I have a photo slideshow. This is great for a presentation that's set in Kiosk mode at a restaurant or hotel, or for a wedding slideshow while your guests are coming in. Now, I have my audio on my slide. The icon is available to click if I send this presentation to someone, and I can always delete it by clicking once to select it and hitting the Delete key.
- Getting started quickly with PowerPoint
- Creating new presentations
- Adding, removing, and rearranging slides
- Changing slide layouts
- Inserting and formatting images and shapes
- Adding animation and transitions
- Sharing and collaborating on presentations
- Delivering the presentation
- Saving themes and templates
- Exporting presentations as video, PDF, or JPEG files