Office Mix provides some powerful videos and apps that you can incorporate into the flipped class that you are creating. You can access content videos from Khan Academy, apps that allow you to engage students in science and math simulations right inside of the flipped class video, and more. This feature is very helpful in creating engaging and interactive flipped classes.
- [Voiceover] When using Office Mix you have access to some…really powerful apps, videos, and add-on's…that you can access.…In this video I'll show you how to access the apps and add…one to your presentation.…Now, I'm going to create a new slide.…I scroll to the bottom and add a slide.…Next I wanna add an app, so I'm going to make sure I'm on…the Mix tab, which I am and then I'll navigate over…to quizzes, videos and apps.…When I click this, a pop up box appears.…It's one that we've actually seen before.…We got the web viewer app in order to in-bed a website…a website onto a slide.…
In this case you'll also notice there are some quiz and poll…apps, we'll take a look at those in the next video.…But right now I wanna show you a couple of the simulation…apps or content apps that can make your flip class much…more engaging and interactive.…For example, the PhET simulations are wonderful simulations…in science and math that allow students to play around with…some of the variables and learn more by…a hands-on experience.…
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix