Adding quizzes and polls to your flipped class in Office Mix is simple. You can download the app to add multiple choice, true/false, and free response quiz questions. You have the ability to customize the quizzes and insert them at any point in your flipped course. Using these as knowledge checks is a great way to improve student engagement and help them take ownership of the content.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we'll take a look…at how to add a quiz or poll to your Flipped Class.…Now I believe that adding quizzes,…knowledge checks, as I like to call them,…is one of the most important parts of a Flipped Class…for several reasons.…First, it makes the Flipped Class…more engaging and interactive,…which in turn, helps students to take ownership…in the lesson.…It provides students instant feedback…as to whether they're understanding the material.…And it provides feedback to the teacher…as to whether the class is understanding the material…or if specific students need help.…
It also does provide some accountability.…Quizzes seem to have taken on a negative connotation…and students often fear them.…But in order to create a culture of learning…with a Flipped Classroom,…I like to emphasize to the students…that these quizzes and polls are intended…to improve their understanding of the material.…It's a chance for them to share what they know,…and for me, as the teacher,…to see what I need to emphasize more in class.…
- Downloading and accessing Office Mix
- Recording and editing presentations with Office Mix
- Adding screenshots, links, audio, video, apps, and quizzes
- Uploading and sharing mixes
- Tracking student progress through a mix