This video shows how to insert an audio or video clip into PowerPoint from a file on your computer. Plus, see how to set that clip to play automatically when the slide loads.
- [Instructor] You can insert a video or audio clip…into a PowerPoint presentation from a file on your computer…and even make it play automatically when the slide loads.…Go to the Insert ribbon, to the Media section,…then click on either Audio or Video.…I want to insert a video clip, so I'll click on Video,…then I'll choose Video on My PC.…Navigate to the file that you want,…select it, and hit Insert.…Then take a moment to format it.…I can resize this video and move it around…just like any graphic I might have on my slide.…
Then look for the Playback ribbon which is only available…when a video or audio clip is selected.…Then go to the Start menu…and decide how you want the clip to start.…I want this video to play automatically…when the slide loads, so I will select Automatically.…Then check to see that it works…by playing your presentation.…In my case when that slide loads,…the video will play automatically.…
- Changing the size of your slides
- Adding backgrounds and watermarks
- Adding, rearranging, and deleting slides in PowerPoint
- Viewing speaker notes privately during a presentation
- Editing master slides
- Adding voice-over narration
- Changing the page orientation of your presentation
Skill Level Beginner
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.