PowerApps has many great templates for creating app. In this video Bill shows where to find them and how to get started using one.
- [Instructor] We're here on our PowerApps homepage, and we're getting ready to start to create a new app, and we're gonna do it this time using a template. The templates live here on our PowerApps homepage. And let me scroll down a little bit. You'll see here that Office is highlighted and underlined. If that's selected it's gonna show us office-based templates. I'm gonna click on all instead. I'd like us to be able to see all the templates. There's not a lot of them, so it's not gonna be hard for us to go through them quickly.
And you'll see here the first row we can start from data. We can create a template from the data, which is what we've been doing. We've done this twice already in this course. We can also start from a blank template which is just a blank page and we have to go ahead and build that app from the ground up. We have service desk apps, budget trackers, cost estimators. Lots of really nice templates in here to use. The templates are really great because very quickly it'll create an app for you that's fully functional and all you have to do is plug in your own data to make it yours.
Now I like this PDF reader. It's a really nice app. Leave request. You can see that some of the apps like this one, leave request. Let's see, this one does not. Some of these, the leave request has the ability to create it with a tablet layout or a phone layout. This help desk only has the phone layout. Let's go ahead and let's click on this leave request. I'm gonna click right here on the tablet layout icon. And you'll see it's gonna start to get ready to create that app for us.
If we wanna switch to a phone layout we go up here. The tablet layout is darkened. That lets us know it's the one that's selected. But if I click on the phone icon you see it changes the layout to the phone layout, and then we would simply click make this app, and it would go ahead and create the app for us. We have a few more apps here that we can create. I know it's not a lot of apps, but when we first started with PowerApps I think that they only had three templates, but they've got a few more now.
This is the one we're gonna use, the Budget Tracker. And you can see it has either the tablet layout or the phone layout. We're gonna go ahead and use the tablet layout. So now you know how to find the templates and what you need to do to get started to create a new app from those templates.
- What can you do with PowerApps?
- Data connections for PowerApps
- Creating an app using data from a SharePoint list
- Creating an app from an Excel workbook
- Using templates to create apps
- Creating an app for Microsoft Dynamics
- Creating an app for Salesforce