Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video View or edit a PowerApp, part of Learning Microsoft PowerApps.
- [Narrator] After the last movie, I closed PowerApps and returned to the table in my Excel spreadsheet in OneDrive and added a couple of additional records. Now I am back running PowerApps Studio again here on my desktop. You'll notice that I have the ability to download items. I also have the ability to edit. So if I simply click on the Room Report, which has been downloaded. There's the icon I chose earlier and the color I chose. Here's my new data that has been added.
So I have Cracked window. I have Whirlpool housing switch. That's great. Let's see now the relationship between this browse screen and the detail screen. If I click, notice that I have a detail screen now. And if I click the plus button, I'll get an edit screen. This is the screen that we'd modify the labels on. So you see the difference with a nice looking edit screen. And a detail screen that still needs some clean up for the labels and so on.
This is what it's like to run the app. If I close this, I'm actually closing the app. I have the ability though, to make it full screen or right-click at the top of the screen and choose edit. Edit will open this in the studio for editing. It takes a moment because it's gathering all the connections and everything else. But we're back. Now I could make the changes if I wished to my detail screen and we know how to do this.
We're simply going to choose. For example, click here to go to advanced options, unlock to change the properties and change the display name. If I don't want to display something at all, if for example, I don't want to display the resolution, I simply click to hide it and it's added to the bottom of the list here.
I can click again to move it back up. So the eye button indicates whether we're going to view that or not. My other choice that I have when I'm working on these cards is to say how this should be reflected. Do I wanna show it as text, for example? Or do I want to choose some other form? Sometimes, one of my choices might be that it's a datepicker like these are. Or a text field, a string, a number, and so on.
So use the controls to determine whether or not you want to display all of the different fields and also select the controls and rearrange them to determine the order in which these items will be displayed. Before I join you in the next movie, I am going to clean up the rest of the labels that are being used on the detail screen. I will see you there.
- What are PowerApps?
- Understanding PowerApps data sources
- Creating an app with PowerApps Studio
- Viewing or editing an app
- Formatting text controls
- Modifying a data source
- Using and sharing apps
- Opening an app in a browser
- Logging into PowerApps on a mobile device