Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding PowerApps data sources, part of Learning Microsoft PowerApps.
- [Narrator] Most of the PowerApps that we create…will use some kind of information…outside of the app itself called a data source.…There are three broad types of data sources.…First, connected data sources…that are data that is stored some place in the Cloud.…We connect to these data sources by using a connection.…This is the most common type of data source…that we are going to use in PowerApps.…These connected data sources are all tables.…The second choice is to create…an app that uses local data sources.…
When you use a local data source…PowerApps actually creates its own table…to be able to store the data…that you're doing something with.…Obviously, when you create a local data source,…it's not available to other people using the app.…So we're not going to use local data sources…if we data to be able to be shared…among different users for example.…Finally, we have a third type of data source…called a collection, which is also local to the app.…In this course, we're going to focus…on connected data sources.…
- Identify what PowerApps plan one and plan two are for.
- List the three types of data sources.
- Explain the easiest way to modify the overall look of an app.
- Identify what you can change to allow you to maximize the available screen space and make it easier to read the app.
- Recognize how to restore or delete a version of your app.