Responses for the Employee Engagement Survey are stored in Excel in OneDrive, but so are the questions and response options. This design allows the app owner to modify the questions and options without needing to change the user interface. Gini von Courter demonstrates modifying the data source to modify the survey.
- [Instructor] I've edited some text boxes…and control properties,…but now I want to edit the questions.…If I go, for example, to Question_1…the question, What is your role, and these choices,…they are not something that I'll enter here.…Notice that there is no text property.…And even the question itself, What is your role,…there is a Text property,…but when I click it's a formula…and here it says it's looking this up…in the Questions data source…under QuestionID 1, the QuestionText.…
If I wonder if Questions is a data source…I can click on my Data sources button…and you'll notice here's my Questions data source.…It's in OneDrive for Business.…So I need to go to OneDrive for Business to edit.…So the easiest way to edit the questions and the options…in this survey is to edit the data source.…So I'm simply going to go to OneDrive for Business…and I'm going to open up my file…under PowerApps, Templates, here's my Survey,…and there's our data.…
Cool.…And so here are my questions.…Five different questions, What is your role,…
- Recognize which devices a mobile-first app is designed for.
- Explain how to download an app template.
- Recall which screen in PowerApps displays one card after another.
- Identify layouts available in PowerApps.
- Determine how to enter text as a constant.
- List two terms to describe the first screen that’s loaded when the app is launched.
- Identify the URL used to run PowerApps in a browser.
- Explain how to launch an app from Dynamics 365.