- Recognize which devices a mobile-first app is designed for.
- Explain how to download an app template.
- Recall which screen in PowerApps displays one card after another.
- Identify layouts available in PowerApps.
- Determine how to enter text as a constant.
- List two terms to describe the first screen that’s loaded when the app is launched.
- Identify the URL used to run PowerApps in a browser.
- Explain how to launch an app from Dynamics 365.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Gini] Microsoft PowerApps is a suite of cloud-based services used to create custom business applications. Using PowerApps, we can create, build, publish, and share applications for use in a browser or on a mobile device. And the mobile PowerApps really shine because we can leverage mobile device features like GPS and the camera in the apps that we build. Using PowerApps, you can replace the less than efficient manual forms and processes in your organization with mobile solutions that you can share with your colleagues.
In other words, you can automate your business, and without hiring a developer or writing a single line of code. I'm Gini von Courter. In this introductory course, we'll take PowerApps out for a spin by creating two basic apps. We'll build the first app using a template that was created by the Microsoft PowerApps team, and we'll build our second app from scratch using a simple data source, an Excel workbook that we'll store in OneDrive. Both of these apps can be run on a mobile device or in a browser.
Please join me to learn how you can quickly turn even the simplest of data sources into mobile applications that will benefit you, your team, and your organization.