In PowerApps, data control labels come from the data source, for example, the header row from an Excel table, or column headings from a SharePoint list. Some labels need to be edited for clarity or readability. This video demonstrates unlocking and editing data control labels.
- [Instructor] The BrowseScreen is used only to browse.…Then we have two screens that are about details.…This is the screen that displays details.…This is the screen where you edit details,…and notice that in both cases,…we have labels that have spaces in them,…that _x0020, I want to change those labels.…Now, where do those labels come from?…They actually come from our data source.…So if I click and double-click to edit the text…for Assigned to, notice that what I'm getting…is I'm getting the display name from the parent.…
It doesn't actually want me to modify this, but I can.…Assigned and press Enter.…And it says no, you can't quite do that…and the reason is, if I'm going to type a constant,…I need to put it in quotes, like that.…So once again, here I can double-click to edit my text.…Parent display name.…And it says that this card is locked,…that again, the information for this particular label…is coming from the data.…
If I click in the text box, it says that it's locked…and I need to unlock it to change any of its properties.…
- Recognize which devices a mobile-first app is designed for.
- Explain how to download an app template.
- Recall which screen in PowerApps displays one card after another.
- Identify layouts available in PowerApps.
- Determine how to enter text as a constant.
- List two terms to describe the first screen that’s loaded when the app is launched.
- Identify the URL used to run PowerApps in a browser.
- Explain how to launch an app from Dynamics 365.